Postdocs@Tech and the Office of Postdoctoral Services are proud to recognize the winning presenters from the 4th Annual Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium held on Sept. 21, 2017.
Best Talk Overall, sponsored by the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research
- Karan Jani, Physics, Shoemaker group, “In Search of the Goldilocks of Black Holes”
Best Presentation from the College of Computing
- Reza Ahmadzadeh, Interactive Computing, Chernova group, “Trajectory Learning using Generalized Cylinders”
Best Talk from the College of Engineering
- Sean Wilson, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Egerstedt group, “Using Swarms of Simple, Inexpensive Robots to do Complex, Valuable Tasks”
Best Poster from the College of Engineering
- Pietro Pierpaoli, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Egerstedt group, “Quest for Connection: From Animal Cooperation to Robotic Space Exploration”
Best Talk from the College of Sciences
- Nastassia Patin, Biological Sciences, Stewart group, “The Microbiome of the Georgia Aquarium Ocean Voyager Exhibit”
Best Poster from the College of Sciences
- Karelle Siellez, Physics, Cadonati group, “The new multimessenger era in Astrophysics of Gravitational Waves and Gamma Ray Bursts”
Best Presentation from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Halcyon Lawrence, Literature, Media and Communication, Writing and Communication Program, “Potty Mouths: Examining Toxic Language in Online Gaming Environments”
Thanks to the Executive Vice President for Research, the Deans of Computing, Engineering, Ivan Allen, and Sciences, Postdocs@Tech volunteers, and all of the judges for making these awards possible.