- Housing Options On Campus and Around Tech (from the Office of International Education)
- Note that there are no on-campus accommodations available to postdocs at this time.
- Where to Live (descriptions of neighborhoods near Tech provided by the Institute of Transportation Engineers - Georgia Tech Student Chapter)
- Off-Campus Housing Listings (provided by partnership between Georgia Tech Housing and Residence Life and College Pads)
- Offers a customized portal for Georgia Tech students and community members to search for roommates, listings, and subleases
Looking for a Roommate
- Ask colleagues if they know of anyone.
- Ask your school/unit if they have an email list or website to which your request can be posted (the Office of Postdoctoral Services does not).
- Ask on the Tech postdocs Facebook or Slack groups.
At Tech, we offer a child care program for graduate students, faculty, and staff with children. There are two facilities, both managed by Bright Horizons Family Solutions: R. Kirk Landon Learning Center and the Children's Campus @ Georgia Tech.
Located at 1015 Tumlin St., off of 10th Street in Midtown Atlanta, this center offers early education for children from 6 weeks to 5 years old. The center also offers school holiday vacation care and summer camps.
The Children's Campus @ Georgia Tech is located in Building F of the graduate student housing. This center offers education for children 6 weeks to 5 years old.
- Georgia Tech Stinger Bus Routes
- The GT/Emory route provides service from Tech to Emory University on weekdays.
- MARTA (bus and rail service in the Atlanta metro area)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Alternative Transportation Options (including biking, carpooling, and zip cars)
- Getting or Renewing a Driver's License and Vehicle Registration
Things to Do in Atlanta
Atlanta is a southern hot spot for music venues, theaters, shops, art galleries, museums, clubs, parks, and hundreds of restaurants. It is also home to the headquarters of dozens of Fortune 1,000 and more than 10 Fortune 500 companies.
You can enjoy outdoor activities year-round with Atlanta’s warm climate and beautiful green space. When you want a break from the city, you can find mountains, lakes, campsites, and hiking trails within an hour's drive — and convenient access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport makes the whole world just a flight away.
Georgia Tech is located in Midtown Atlanta, one of the city's most energetic and vibrant neighborhoods for business, culture, education, and entertainment. Here are a few resources to help you learn more about Midtown and all that Atlanta has to offer: