Read on for a list of postdocs at Georgia Tech who have been recognized for their efforts. (Award information is accepted on an ongoing basis. Provide name, school, and honor [spelling out any acronyms] to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Robert Kesler and Prof Michael Lace have been awarded the Best Paper Award by Collectanea Mathematica for 2018
Zachary Johnson in Biological Sciences was awarded an NIH NRSA F32 fellowship to research "Neural substrates of bower building behavior in Lake Malawi cichlid fish"
Maria Coronel in Mechanical Engineering received a JDRF (formerly known as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Postdoctoral Fellowship for her work on "Engineering Bio-functionalized Synthetic Platforms for the Induction of Immune Tolerance"
Peter Conlin is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching " Experimentally investigating the origin and consequences of fitness decoupling during the transition to multicellularity" in the Ratcliff lab
- Moran Frenkel-Pinter is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "Prebiotic Self-Assembly of plausible proto-depsipeptides" with Loren Williams and Nick Hud
- Andrew Mullen is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "Digital Holographic Microscopy on the Icefin Underwater Antarctic Vehicle: Technology & Science Development for Icy Worlds" in Britney Schmidt's Planetary Habitability and Technology Lab
- Micah Schaible is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "Chemical effects caused by electrostatically charged regolith dust grains on the lung surfactant DPPC" in the Orlando group
- Nicholas Speller is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "Development of a programmable, comprehensive ionic species analyzer (ISA) for fully automated characterization of hydrated salts on the surface of Europa" in Amanda Stockton's laboratory
- Nastassia Patin's studies of the microbiome of the Ocean Voyager exhibit at the Georgia Aquarium were featured on the new ScienceMatters podcast (season 1, episode 4).
Brian Horslen, a postdoctoral fellow in the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), is the recipient of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, awarded by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- Woojin Han in Mechanical Engineering was awarded an NIH NRSA F32 fellowship to research "Synthetic hydrogel for satellite cell delivery to the dystrophic diaphragm" and was selected to present his research at the PMSE (Polymeric Materials: Science & Engineering) Future Faculty Symposium in Boston
- Gina Lewin in Biological Sciences was awarded an NIH NRSA F32 fellowship to research "Probing the impact of polymicrobial interactions on the virulence of an oral pathogen"
- Zhongming Lu of the Brook Byers Institute of Sustainable Systems, is co-PI on an NSF project titled, “Sustainable and Resilient Design of Interdependent Water and Energy Systems at the Infrastructure-Human-Resource Nexus."
- Nadia Szeinbaum is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "Synthetic microbial communities as a tool to understand metabolic success: the role of microbial interactions leading to the Great Oxidation Event" in the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Kazumi Ozaki is a NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow researching "New Quantitative Approaches Toward Understanding The Life History of an Inhabited Planet" in the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Nicole Baran in Biological Sciences was awarded an NIH NRSA F32 postdoctoral fellowship to research "Neural and Genetic Basis of Social Behavior In Cichlid Fish"
Sheyda Azimi in Biological Sciences is a CF@LANTA Postdoctoral Fellow
Caitlin Leverson in Mathematics was awarded an NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship to research "The Geometry and Algebra of Legendrian Submanifolds."
- Congratulations to the 2017 Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium Awardees
- Shuozhi Xu, postdoctoral fellow in Mechanical Engineering working with David McDowell, was awarded an Elings Prize Fellowship in Science
- Caitlin Leverson in Mathematics received an NSF postdoctoral fellowship for "The Geometry and Algebra of Legendrian Submanifolds"
- Sarah Higinbotham, Brittain Fellow, awarded a Folger Shakespeare Library Fellowship
- Jessica Weaver, postdoctoral scholar in Andres García's lab in Mechanical Engineering, awarded an JDRF (formerly known as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Irina Holmes in Mathematics received an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship for her work in Harmonic Analysis
- Lauren Neefe, Brittain Fellow, named a Georgia Tech Diversity and Inclusion Fellow
- Yunlong Zi, postdoctoral fellow in Materials Science and Engineering, receives MRS Postdoctoral Award
- Junwen Zhang postdoctoral fellow in Electrical and Computer Engineering, received the 2016 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award
- 2016 Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium Awardees