Postdocs@Tech and the Office of Postdoctoral Services are proud to announce:
4th Annual Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium
Noon to 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
Parker H. Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience (IBB) Suddath Room and Atrium
|11:30 a.m.||Poster set-up|
|12-1:30 p.m.||Lightning Talks Session I (12 talks)|
|2-3:30 p.m.||Lightning Talks Session II (12 talks)|
|3:30-4:45 p.m.||Poster Presentations and Reception|
|5 p.m.||Award presentations|
Judges Are Needed!
Academic and research faculty are needed to serve as judges for the talks and posters. Please volunteer to judge here.
New! Lightning Talks
This year, postdocs selected to give a talk will have five minutes to present their research and its significance. We're trying the lightning talk format in response to feedback from previous years that more postdocs should have the opportunity to speak at the symposium. Plus, being able to concisely explain your discoveries and their impact to a non-expert audience is a great skill to have.
The Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium awards are the only campuswide source of travel funds available to postdocs. We are currently working to confirm the awards that will be available this year and will add to the list below as we do. A list of 2016 Postdoctoral Research Symposium Awardees can be found here. There's also a great story about postdocs who started a collaboration as a result of meeting at the symposium here.
- Best Talk - $2000 travel award, sponsored by the Executive Vice President of Research
- Best Presentation (Talk or Poster) from the College of Computing - $500 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of Computing
- Best Talk from the College of Engineering - $1000 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of Engineering
- Best Poster from the College of Engineering - $1000 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of Engineering
- Best Talk from the College of Sciences - $1250 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of Sciences
- Best Poster from the College of Sciences - $1250 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of Sciences
- Best Presentation (Talk or Poster) from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts - $1500 travel award, sponsored by the Dean of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
Abstract Submission has Closed
Abstracts could be submitted until Sept. 1, 2017. All postdocs affiliated with Georgia Tech were eligible to submit one abstract each. Postdocs should have received a notification if they were selected to present a poster or talk.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.