Postdoctoral scholars (postdocs) are a vital part of the research effort at Georgia Tech. The provost charged the Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development to invest in the culture of postdocs and to help postdocs build their skills, so they can move on to rewarding permanent positions. As a result, the Office of Postdoctoral Services was created in September 2013. Our mission is to support and enhance postdoc training and career development, to build a sense of community among postdocs, and to serve as a resource to the larger Georgia Tech community. We collaborate across the Institute to identify and address the needs of this audience.
Our office works to fulfill its mission in the following ways:
- Providing orientation materials for new postdocs.
- Collaborating with campus services to offer career and professional development programs.
- Offering networking opportunities.
- Providing information on relevant policies, resources, and opportunities.
- Serving as a liaison among postdocs, faculty mentors, and the administration.