“Postdoc Chats" is our informal social event series for GT postdocs. We know that postdocs have similar concerns, and would like to have more opportunities to talk with other postdocs. Each chat will feature a discussion topic, and we will invite a knowledgeable faculty/staff member who can answer questions about the subject (but there will not be a presentation!). Expect a space to talk openly, meet postdocs like you, and have a snack!
Upcoming Postdoc Chats:
- Wednesday, June 19, 2-3 pm – Career plans and job searching
- Location: MRDC, conference room 3510
- Guest: Jana Stone, director of professional development and postdoctoral services
- Wednesday, July 17, 2-3 pm – Immigration and visa questions
- Location: Clough commons, room 469
- Guest: Lori Jones and Natalie Wood, Global HR and immigration specialists
- Wednesday, August 21, 2-3 pm – Building a mentoring team
- Location: Whitaker (BME), conference room 3115 (McIntire room)
- Guest: TBD
Please let us know that you plan to attend so that we be sure to have enough snacks and space! Sign up for any or all dates here.
Postdoc Chats is a collaboration between Postdocs@Tech and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.