Coronavirus (COVID-19) Campus Response


Learn about Georgia Tech’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Campus Response.


  • The most common visa types for international postdocs are F-1 OPT, J-1, and H1-B.
  • The employing unit must use iStart to initiate a request for a visa petition or immigration form. To initiate this process, contact the Human Resources contact for your unit.
  • Global Human Resources is responsible for processing and filing nonimmigrant employment visas (H1-B, O-1, etc.).
  • The Office of International Education is responsible for approving student and visiting scholar visas (F and J visas).
Information Blurb: