This hands-on workshop will help you develop the skills to write successful fellowships and grant proposals. The last hour will be a question and answer session featuring Tech postdocs who have been awarded a fellowship or grant. You are welcome to attend the training, the panel, or both.
- The Big Picture: Connecting Ideas to Opportunities
- Going from Guidelines to Outlines
- How Proposals are Reviewed
- How the Georgia Tech Communications Center can help you
- Q&A Panel with Fellowship and Grant Recipients (4-5 pm)
- Brandy Simula, PhD, professional development specialist and former fellowships advisor
- Jana Stone, PhD, director of professional development and postdoctoral services
- Micah Schaible, PhD, NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow
- Maria Coronel, PhD, JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes) Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Jonathan Shelley, PhD, Whiting Public Engagement Seed Grant
- Brett Aiello, PhD, NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Others being confirmed
Registration note: As this session is intended for Georgia Tech postdocs, they will have the first opportunity to register. After July 3, any remaining spots will be open to graduate students and others.