In recent years, an increasing number of faculty and students at Georgia Tech have experienced the possibilities that distance teaching and learning have to offer. Whether holding classes in completely virtual environments, utilizing online to flip or supplement their in-class experience, or something in between, faculty have been extending their pedagogy across time and space to reach students where they are in new and exciting ways.
During the Georgia Tech Celebrating Distance Teaching and Learning Symposium: Looking Back; Thinking Forward, we will be celebrating those educators who have forged innovative and high-quality practices in the field of distance education and learn from their experiences.
During the symposium we will converse with;
- Expert instructors who work with massive online learning courses
- Inventive instructors who developed new techniques during Covid that continue to prove useful
- Award-winning Online TAs and faculty from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
- Talented technology staff who work with the latest tools that make online learning flourish
- And, most importantly, we’ll have opportunities for symposium participants to connect with each other and exchange their thoughts and ideas throughout
Please join us for a day full of inspiring presentations, important conversations, and stimulating experiences as we look back at the work of our distance educators and think forward to what the future of distance teaching and learning will look like.