Please join us for the Best Practices Forum on Mentoring being hosted by Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development on Thursday, April 28, from 12 to 3 p.m. in the Gordy Room of the Wardlaw Center.
The forum will provide an opportunity to discuss the successes and challenges associated with helping faculty effectively mentor graduate students and postdocs at Georgia Tech. All interested faculty and staff are welcome to participate.
- Lunch will be served
- Keynote presentation by Dr. MG Finn, Chair of the School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Panel Discussion featuring leaders of mentoring initiatives:
- Ed Coyle, Director, Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Program
- Laura Hollengreen, Assistant Provost for Academic Advocacy and Conflict Resolution
- Kimberly Kurtis, Associate Dean for Faculty Development, College of Engineering
- Keith Wilkinson, Founder, Atlanta Society of Mentors and Director, Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Emory University
- Moderated by: David Lawrence, Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning
- Small group discussions
Regardless of whether you plan to attend, please complete this survey regarding efforts to support effective mentoring practices by April 15. Your RSVP will be recorded as one of the survey questions. Survey information will be compiled and shared at the forum.