Sponsored by Georgia Tech’s ADVANCE Program
Organizers: Kim Cobb (ADVANCE Professor, College of Sciences) and Dana Randall (ADVANCE Professor, College of Computing)
March 3, 2017
9 a.m. - Noon
Marcus Nanotechnology 1116
Are you curious about social media, but unsure how to maximize your effectiveness, or wonder if your investment in social media is worthwhile?
In this workshop, you will:
1. Learn about the latest research on the pros and cons of social media use by STEM professionals. (Should you do it?)
2. Share and discuss strategies for effective engagement with colleagues and seasoned social media experts. (How should you do it?)
3. Design a strategy for your own effective engagement, including identifying audience and key messages. (Let’s do it!)
- 9-9:15 a.m.
- Opening remarks by organizers
- 9:15-10 a.m.
- Keynote by Paige Jarreau (Science Communication Specialist, Louisiana State University)
- 10-11 a.m.
- Workshop on identifying platforms, audiences, and key messages
- 11 a.m. - Noon
- Panel discussion with Paige Jarreau, College of Computing Communicators, College of Sciences Communicators, and select faculty with heavy social media presence
- 12-1 p.m.
- Lunch and discussion (optional)
To sign up for this workshop, click here.