Nov 24, 2015 | Atlanta, GA
Postdocs@Tech and the Office of Postdoctoral Services are proud to recognize the winning presenters from the 2nd Annual Georgia Tech Postdoctoral Research Symposium held on October 15, 2015.
Best Talk, sponsored by the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research
- Samantha M. Waters, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences and Civil & Environmental Engineering, Nenes and Konstantinidis groups, “Saharan Dust events in the Caribbean: What microorganisms are deposited after intercontinental transit?”
Outstanding Poster Presentations from the College of Engineering
- Ju-Won Jeon, Materials Science & Engineering, Tsukruk group, “Electrically Controlled Plasmonic Behavior of Gold"
- Shuai Tan, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Jones group, “Kinetic study of propane dehydrogenation over novel In2O3-Ga2O3 mixed oxides”
Outstanding Poster Presentations from the College of Sciences
- Guilherme O. Longo, Biology, Hay group, “An underwater journey along the Atlantic Ocean through reef fish feeding behavior”
- Rakesh K. Behera, Chemistry & Biochemistry and Center for Organic Photonics and Electronics, Coropceanu/Bredas group, “Achieving Functionality in Organic Co-crystals: A Combined Experimental and Computational Study”
Outstanding Presentation from the College of Computing
- Alexander Bucksch, Biology and Interactive Computing, Weitz Group, “Improving crops with digital imaging”
Outstanding Presentation from the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Kristin Allukian, Literature, Media, and Communication, “Work, Literature, and Love in the Lowell Offering”