Topics covered on this page:
- Georgia Tech Benefits
- Work/Life Programs
- International Scholar Spouse & Family Resources
- Online resources
- Know of any links that should be added to this page?
Georgia Tech Benefits
- Benefits Support Center - Benefits counselors are available to answer questions about benefits.
Dependents - Dependents like spouses and children are eligible for many Georgia Tech benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental life and AD&D plans. The OHR Benefits site provides the eligibility information for each of these plans.
- Employees will be able to enroll a same-sex spouse in their healthcare plans beginning July 13, 2015. Please visit the USG website for further information.
- Family Status Changes - Changes to your current benefit elections can be made within 30 days of a life changing event like marriage, divorce, child birth, or adoption.
- Leaves of Absence (Medical, Maternity/Paternity) - FMLA absence, sick leave, vacation time, and short-term disability insurance can be used during maternity, paternity, and medical leaves of absence. Georgia Tech and the entire University System of Georgia do not offer a paid maternity/paternity leave benefit.
- Women's Nursing Rooms
- Child Care
Faculty/Staff Assistance Program - Provided services include:
- Psychosocial assessment for mental health problems such as depression, nervous, or emotional disorders, and substance abuse;
- Life transition assistance (divorce, retirement, marital distress, etc.); and
- Counseling, referral, case management, and follow-up.
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Supplemental Benefits - Discounted financial services and a range of other discounts for personal/home services are available.
International Scholar Spouse & Family Resources
- International Scholar Spouse & Family Resources (OIE)
- GT International Spouse Group website
- Tax compliance information from Global HR
- Global HR - GT office responsible for processing and filing nonimmigrant employment visas (H1-B, O-1, etc.).
- The Office of International Education - GT Office responsible for visiting scholar visas (F and J visas). They also offer professional development programs for international scholars.
- The Language Institute offers four-week courses to help international scholars and spouses improve English proficiency.
- Information about Atlanta - including housing information and things to see & do
- National Postdoctoral Association
Know of any links that should be added to this page?
Please email suggestions to email@example.com.